In the first edition of the Daily News, this reporter has covered the Seven Deadly Sins:
- we’ve got Greed in the Business Section
- Sloth in the Leisure Section
- Gluttony in the Restaurant Reviews
- Lust in the Movie Reviews
- Envy in the Gossip Column
- Pride in the Birth Announcements – and
- Wrath, well, the Opinions are full of it.
Life is not a simple walk in the park, is it? There’s all those people and opinions plotting the demise of happiness from the vagary of their human nature. While “a walk in the park” is an idiom, people can just be idiots.… ...
I first heard this statement in the summer of 1997. A wise mentor gave it voice after I’d written a ground-breaking grant and determined to shepherd its project to fruition. Naive person that I was, I learned its lesson hard.
Eight years later I was diagnosed with breast cancer.… ...
“The Great Recession officially lasted from December 2007 to June 2009, but it sure seemed longer” was the lead line of a story in the AARP (yes, I am old enough to be a member) Bulletin last month.
I know, first hand, because I lost $16,000.00… ...
Fourth grade marked my life with three events that vibrate in my heart and mind to this day. I wish I had a better eraser.
- I moved to a new school. Friends were hard to make. While I’d moved when I was two years old, then again when I was six, this one was more difficult.